Jun 5, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
With the Pittsburgh Penguins down 2-0 in a series while suffering from a 9-1 scoring differential going into Wednesday’s Game 3, it’s not surprising that the Boston Bruins have generated some awful stats for their opponents.
Still, some of the numbers are a little disturbing at the moment. That’s especially true for Sidney Crosby (zero points), Evgeni Malkin (also zero points) and the Penguins’ power play (0-for-9 as of this writing).
During the first intermission, Mike Milbury breaks down the Penguins’ struggling man advantage while Keith Jones goes in-depth about Crosby’s struggles:
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54