Jun 5, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
The old bit of hockey wisdom is that referees often catch the retaliation, but not the infraction that inspired the revenge. It’s not always fair, but it does seem like a good thing to keep in mind.
Both received a two-minute minor penalty for their actions, so most people were probably satisfied.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50