Jun 5, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
The old bit of hockey wisdom is that referees often catch the retaliation, but not the infraction that inspired the revenge. It’s not always fair, but it does seem like a good thing to keep in mind.
Both received a two-minute minor penalty for their actions, so most people were probably satisfied.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2