Jun 5, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Believed to have suffered a concussion in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals, Kings center Mike Richards skated Wednesday at an optional practice.
According to LA Kings Insider, Richards “did not take any contact and skated with light-to-moderate exertion.”
For now, there’s no timetable for his return.
Richards did not play in Games 2 and 3 against the Blackhawks.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter said that Richards also had a “light workout” yesterday.
“I don’t know if that’s progress or not,” said Sutter. “I talked to him for a minute after the game. He was more interested in the fact that we won, more than how he was feeling.”
The series resumes tomorrow evening in Los Angeles. Chicago leads, 2-1.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 0
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)