Jun 5, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Believed to have suffered a concussion in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals, Kings center Mike Richards skated Wednesday at an optional practice.
According to LA Kings Insider, Richards “did not take any contact and skated with light-to-moderate exertion.”
For now, there’s no timetable for his return.
Richards did not play in Games 2 and 3 against the Blackhawks.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter said that Richards also had a “light workout” yesterday.
“I don’t know if that’s progress or not,” said Sutter. “I talked to him for a minute after the game. He was more interested in the fact that we won, more than how he was feeling.”
The series resumes tomorrow evening in Los Angeles. Chicago leads, 2-1.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)