Jun 5, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Believed to have suffered a concussion in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals, Kings center Mike Richards skated Wednesday at an optional practice.
According to LA Kings Insider, Richards “did not take any contact and skated with light-to-moderate exertion.”
For now, there’s no timetable for his return.
Richards did not play in Games 2 and 3 against the Blackhawks.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter said that Richards also had a “light workout” yesterday.
“I don’t know if that’s progress or not,” said Sutter. “I talked to him for a minute after the game. He was more interested in the fact that we won, more than how he was feeling.”
The series resumes tomorrow evening in Los Angeles. Chicago leads, 2-1.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 66
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (66)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)