Jun 5, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Believed to have suffered a concussion in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals, Kings center Mike Richards skated Wednesday at an optional practice.
According to LA Kings Insider, Richards “did not take any contact and skated with light-to-moderate exertion.”
For now, there’s no timetable for his return.
Richards did not play in Games 2 and 3 against the Blackhawks.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter said that Richards also had a “light workout” yesterday.
“I don’t know if that’s progress or not,” said Sutter. “I talked to him for a minute after the game. He was more interested in the fact that we won, more than how he was feeling.”
The series resumes tomorrow evening in Los Angeles. Chicago leads, 2-1.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63