Jun 5, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
Update: Colorado confirms the signing
Bordeleau, 27, was originally Minnesota draftee in 2004. He finally cracked the NHL last year spending eight years kicking around the QMJHL, ECHL and AHL (with a brief one-game appearance playing Canadian University hockey.)
The 6-foot-6, 220-pound winger had a decent rookie campaign, appearing in 46 games for the Avs while scoring 2G-3A-5PTS in just over six minutes of ice time per game.
He also racked up 70 PIM, largely by doing stuff like this:
The contract is believed to be a multi-year deal. Financial terms have not yet been released.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40