Jun 5, 2013, 5:38 PM EST
With just two goals this postseason and one point in the Western Conference finals, Patrick Kane‘s production — or lack thereof — is becoming an issue.
On Wednesday, Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville addressed it.
“We’re looking for a little more,” Quenneville said, when asked about Kane’s overall game thus far.
While Kane hasn’t exactly fallen off a cliff — he does have 10 points in 15 playoff games — there is a fairly significant decline from his regular-season production.
He had 55 points in 47 games during the year, and just two multi-game pointless streaks.
In the playoffs, he’s already had two similar streaks — Games 4/5 of the Minnesota series, and Games 6/7/1 of the Detroit-LA series.
As for how Kane can rediscover his offensive touch?
Quenneville thinks it’s all about speed and puck possession.
“When he’s playing his best hockey, he has the puck, he’s dangerous with it, being off the rush-in zone, coming off of our end,” Quenneville explained. “When he has the puck, not too many players in the league can do what he can do.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)