Jun 5, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
With just two goals this postseason and one point in the Western Conference finals, Patrick Kane‘s production — or lack thereof — is becoming an issue.
On Wednesday, Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville addressed it.
“We’re looking for a little more,” Quenneville said, when asked about Kane’s overall game thus far.
While Kane hasn’t exactly fallen off a cliff — he does have 10 points in 15 playoff games — there is a fairly significant decline from his regular-season production.
He had 55 points in 47 games during the year, and just two multi-game pointless streaks.
In the playoffs, he’s already had two similar streaks — Games 4/5 of the Minnesota series, and Games 6/7/1 of the Detroit-LA series.
As for how Kane can rediscover his offensive touch?
Quenneville thinks it’s all about speed and puck possession.
“When he’s playing his best hockey, he has the puck, he’s dangerous with it, being off the rush-in zone, coming off of our end,” Quenneville explained. “When he has the puck, not too many players in the league can do what he can do.”
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)