Jun 5, 2013, 5:38 PM EST
With just two goals this postseason and one point in the Western Conference finals, Patrick Kane‘s production — or lack thereof — is becoming an issue.
On Wednesday, Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville addressed it.
“We’re looking for a little more,” Quenneville said, when asked about Kane’s overall game thus far.
While Kane hasn’t exactly fallen off a cliff — he does have 10 points in 15 playoff games — there is a fairly significant decline from his regular-season production.
He had 55 points in 47 games during the year, and just two multi-game pointless streaks.
In the playoffs, he’s already had two similar streaks — Games 4/5 of the Minnesota series, and Games 6/7/1 of the Detroit-LA series.
As for how Kane can rediscover his offensive touch?
Quenneville thinks it’s all about speed and puck possession.
“When he’s playing his best hockey, he has the puck, he’s dangerous with it, being off the rush-in zone, coming off of our end,” Quenneville explained. “When he has the puck, not too many players in the league can do what he can do.”
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)