Jun 5, 2013, 8:05 PM EDT
The two prominent forwards that the Pittsburgh Penguins snatched from the Boston Bruins around trade deadline time won’t even be in the desperate team’s top-six in Game 3 on Wednesday. At least not to start things out.
Iginla has been struggling against the team he spurned. He has a -3 rating and zero points in two games against Boston and hasn’t had a point in his last three games overall. He’s only scored in one game (a two-goal performance) in his last six playoff contests.
It probably wouldn’t be fair to call him a bust, however, as he still has almost as many points (12) as playoff games played (13) in 2013.
Still, it’s likely that Bruins fans will poke some fun, especially if Boston moves a 2-0 series lead to 3-0 tonight.
(Bennett, 21, replaces Jussi Jokinen in the lineup, by the way.)
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)