Jun 5, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
Shanahan says the high-sticking infraction isn’t accidental or defensive, calling the move “retaliatory.”
The play initially resulted in a double-minor penalty for high-sticking.
Carter reportedly needed about 20 stitches to close up the wound and damaged some teeth from that high-sticking infraction. Keith, 29, tried to apologize to Carter, 28, according to USA Today.
Carter admitted that taking Keith out of Chicago’s lineup represents a “huge loss” for the Blackhawks.
Here’s a screen shot of the incident:
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)