Jun 5, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
Shanahan says the high-sticking infraction isn’t accidental or defensive, calling the move “retaliatory.”
The play initially resulted in a double-minor penalty for high-sticking.
Carter reportedly needed about 20 stitches to close up the wound and damaged some teeth from that high-sticking infraction. Keith, 29, tried to apologize to Carter, 28, according to USA Today.
Carter admitted that taking Keith out of Chicago’s lineup represents a “huge loss” for the Blackhawks.
Here’s a screen shot of the incident:
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)