Jun 4, 2013, 7:42 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks have done their job by maintaining their home ice advantage in the Western Conference finals and taking a 2-0 series lead against the Los Angeles Kings. On Sunday in particular, Chicago looked great and even chased goaltender Jonathan Quick from the game.
Even if it was just for one contest, Chicago was able to beat the Kings and Quick in a way that the St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks were never able to. So what was the secret behind the Blackhawks’ success?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough broke down the first two games of the series before turning their attention to Game 3 tonight:
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8