Jun 4, 2013, 7:42 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have done their job by maintaining their home ice advantage in the Western Conference finals and taking a 2-0 series lead against the Los Angeles Kings. On Sunday in particular, Chicago looked great and even chased goaltender Jonathan Quick from the game.
Even if it was just for one contest, Chicago was able to beat the Kings and Quick in a way that the St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks were never able to. So what was the secret behind the Blackhawks’ success?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough broke down the first two games of the series before turning their attention to Game 3 tonight:
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54