Jun 4, 2013, 7:42 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have done their job by maintaining their home ice advantage in the Western Conference finals and taking a 2-0 series lead against the Los Angeles Kings. On Sunday in particular, Chicago looked great and even chased goaltender Jonathan Quick from the game.
Even if it was just for one contest, Chicago was able to beat the Kings and Quick in a way that the St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks were never able to. So what was the secret behind the Blackhawks’ success?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough broke down the first two games of the series before turning their attention to Game 3 tonight:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 81
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50