Jun 4, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings, down 2-0 in this Western Conference final to the Chicago Blackhawks, got on the board first in Game 3 Tuesday night.
Justin Williams scored his sixth goal of these playoffs, snapping a shot past Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford on the blocker side, to give L.A. a 1-0 lead just 3:21 into the first period on home ice.
The Kings have yet to lose on home ice in these playoffs.
- Avs’ Parenteau (knee) likely out for remainder of regular season, playoffs unclear 0
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 14
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 17
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)