Jun 4, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
Two unlikely combatants, Justin Williams of the L.A. Kings and Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks, dropped the gloves just before a faceoff in the neutral zone during the first period of Game 3 Tuesday night.
No punches were thrown and the linesmen separated the two players before a full-on fight began. This started with a Sharp cross check on Williams as the two players began to encroach on the faceoff.
Both players were assessed roughing minors. They have now combined for a whopping eight penalty minutes in these playoffs prior to this little scuffle.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)