Jun 4, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
Two unlikely combatants, Justin Williams of the L.A. Kings and Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks, dropped the gloves just before a faceoff in the neutral zone during the first period of Game 3 Tuesday night.
No punches were thrown and the linesmen separated the two players before a full-on fight began. This started with a Sharp cross check on Williams as the two players began to encroach on the faceoff.
Both players were assessed roughing minors. They have now combined for a whopping eight penalty minutes in these playoffs prior to this little scuffle.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)