Jun 4, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
Two unlikely combatants, Justin Williams of the L.A. Kings and Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks, dropped the gloves just before a faceoff in the neutral zone during the first period of Game 3 Tuesday night.
No punches were thrown and the linesmen separated the two players before a full-on fight began. This started with a Sharp cross check on Williams as the two players began to encroach on the faceoff.
Both players were assessed roughing minors. They have now combined for a whopping eight penalty minutes in these playoffs prior to this little scuffle.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)