Jun 4, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
Two unlikely combatants, Justin Williams of the L.A. Kings and Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks, dropped the gloves just before a faceoff in the neutral zone during the first period of Game 3 Tuesday night.
No punches were thrown and the linesmen separated the two players before a full-on fight began. This started with a Sharp cross check on Williams as the two players began to encroach on the faceoff.
Both players were assessed roughing minors. They have now combined for a whopping eight penalty minutes in these playoffs prior to this little scuffle.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 1
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 33
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)