Jun 4, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
Two unlikely combatants, Justin Williams of the L.A. Kings and Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks, dropped the gloves just before a faceoff in the neutral zone during the first period of Game 3 Tuesday night.
No punches were thrown and the linesmen separated the two players before a full-on fight began. This started with a Sharp cross check on Williams as the two players began to encroach on the faceoff.
Both players were assessed roughing minors. They have now combined for a whopping eight penalty minutes in these playoffs prior to this little scuffle.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18