Jun 4, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Of all the things Darryl Sutter’s focusing on heading into Tuesday’s pivotal Game 3 of the Western Conference finals, Corey Crawford is not one of them.
“I’m not worried about Corey Crawford,” Sutter said during his pregame media availability. “If we’re just only focused on Corey Crawford, then you’re not going to get any opportunities.”
The ‘Hawks goalie has been stellar during the playoffs, especially in back-to-back wins over Los Angeles in which he stopped 40 of 43 shots faced.
Sutter was complimentary of Crawford prior to the series, saying the Chicago goalie “had a hell of a year,” and that “you better give Corey Crawford tons of credit.”
But following Games 1 and 2 in Chicago — during which Crawford posted a .930 save percentage — Sutter said his team’s lack of offense was more about missed chances than Crawford’s shot-stopping.
“We did a good job last game,” he explained. “It’s missed nets, missing great opportunities. They had seven and scored on three. We doubled that and didn’t.”
The ‘Hawks would disagree.
Team captain Jonathan Toews has been raving about Crawford’s play as of late, saying he’s the biggest reason why Chicago has only allowed three goals thus far.
“[Crawford’s] hounding the puck, he’s all over it,” Toews told reporters. “He’s side-to-side and he’s as competitive as it gets right now.”
But, as Sutter points out, he still feels it’s the Kings who are preventing themselves from scoring.
“We had several [chances] last game that you have to finish on,” he said. “The nets didn’t get smaller in Chicago.”
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 59
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 60
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)