Jun 4, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings will be without center Mike Richards for the second straight game tonight when they host Chicago Blackhawks at the Staples Center.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter confirmed this morning that Richards is out for Game 3 of the Western Conference finals.
“If it was just about Mike Richards making the decision, Mike Richards is playing tonight,” said Sutter.
It’s suspected the 28-year-old suffered a concussion in Game 1 when he was hit by ‘Hawks forward Dave Bolland.
Richards took the warm-up before Game 2 but did not play.
It’s a big blow for a Kings side that’s already behind 2-0 in the series. With 10 points in 14 games, Richards leads the team in playoff scoring.
Rookie forward Tyler Toffoli will replace Richards, as he did in Game 2.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 21
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)