Jun 4, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings will be without center Mike Richards for the second straight game tonight when they host Chicago Blackhawks at the Staples Center.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter confirmed this morning that Richards is out for Game 3 of the Western Conference finals.
“If it was just about Mike Richards making the decision, Mike Richards is playing tonight,” said Sutter.
It’s suspected the 28-year-old suffered a concussion in Game 1 when he was hit by ‘Hawks forward Dave Bolland.
Richards took the warm-up before Game 2 but did not play.
It’s a big blow for a Kings side that’s already behind 2-0 in the series. With 10 points in 14 games, Richards leads the team in playoff scoring.
Rookie forward Tyler Toffoli will replace Richards, as he did in Game 2.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)