Jun 4, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will be without center Mike Richards for the second straight game tonight when they host Chicago Blackhawks at the Staples Center.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter confirmed this morning that Richards is out for Game 3 of the Western Conference finals.
“If it was just about Mike Richards making the decision, Mike Richards is playing tonight,” said Sutter.
It’s suspected the 28-year-old suffered a concussion in Game 1 when he was hit by ‘Hawks forward Dave Bolland.
Richards took the warm-up before Game 2 but did not play.
It’s a big blow for a Kings side that’s already behind 2-0 in the series. With 10 points in 14 games, Richards leads the team in playoff scoring.
Rookie forward Tyler Toffoli will replace Richards, as he did in Game 2.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 0
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 18
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 7
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)