Jun 4, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will be without center Mike Richards for the second straight game tonight when they host Chicago Blackhawks at the Staples Center.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter confirmed this morning that Richards is out for Game 3 of the Western Conference finals.
“If it was just about Mike Richards making the decision, Mike Richards is playing tonight,” said Sutter.
It’s suspected the 28-year-old suffered a concussion in Game 1 when he was hit by ‘Hawks forward Dave Bolland.
Richards took the warm-up before Game 2 but did not play.
It’s a big blow for a Kings side that’s already behind 2-0 in the series. With 10 points in 14 games, Richards leads the team in playoff scoring.
Rookie forward Tyler Toffoli will replace Richards, as he did in Game 2.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)