Jun 4, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will be without center Mike Richards for the second straight game tonight when they host Chicago Blackhawks at the Staples Center.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter confirmed this morning that Richards is out for Game 3 of the Western Conference finals.
“If it was just about Mike Richards making the decision, Mike Richards is playing tonight,” said Sutter.
It’s suspected the 28-year-old suffered a concussion in Game 1 when he was hit by ‘Hawks forward Dave Bolland.
Richards took the warm-up before Game 2 but did not play.
It’s a big blow for a Kings side that’s already behind 2-0 in the series. With 10 points in 14 games, Richards leads the team in playoff scoring.
Rookie forward Tyler Toffoli will replace Richards, as he did in Game 2.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)