Jun 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
Kris Letang was one of the many Pittsburgh Penguins who had a poor game last night.
Here’s Boston’s second goal, which definitely wasn’t Letang’s finest moment:
Today, Letang was asked to assess the Penguins’ play, and his answer was brutally honest.
“We’re not doing anything good at all,” he said. “They’re a patient team. If I have to say something about their team, they’re really patient.
“Like we saw in the game, they don’t really forecheck us, they just wait for us to make mistakes, and we actually gave them what they got, and we have to be better with the puck, without the puck, defensively, in all areas of the game.
“I think we have to look at ourselves in the mirror and make sure we erase what happened and go from there.”
Letang is supposed to be Pittsburgh’s best defenseman; he finished last night with a minus-3 rating, lowering his series rating to minus-5.
“We have to be aware of the way we manage the puck, the way we play offensively, making sure we don’t have to come back with odd numbers, and go from there,” he said.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)