Jun 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
Kris Letang was one of the many Pittsburgh Penguins who had a poor game last night.
Here’s Boston’s second goal, which definitely wasn’t Letang’s finest moment:
Today, Letang was asked to assess the Penguins’ play, and his answer was brutally honest.
“We’re not doing anything good at all,” he said. “They’re a patient team. If I have to say something about their team, they’re really patient.
“Like we saw in the game, they don’t really forecheck us, they just wait for us to make mistakes, and we actually gave them what they got, and we have to be better with the puck, without the puck, defensively, in all areas of the game.
“I think we have to look at ourselves in the mirror and make sure we erase what happened and go from there.”
Letang is supposed to be Pittsburgh’s best defenseman; he finished last night with a minus-3 rating, lowering his series rating to minus-5.
“We have to be aware of the way we manage the puck, the way we play offensively, making sure we don’t have to come back with odd numbers, and go from there,” he said.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)