Jun 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
Kris Letang was one of the many Pittsburgh Penguins who had a poor game last night.
Here’s Boston’s second goal, which definitely wasn’t Letang’s finest moment:
Today, Letang was asked to assess the Penguins’ play, and his answer was brutally honest.
“We’re not doing anything good at all,” he said. “They’re a patient team. If I have to say something about their team, they’re really patient.
“Like we saw in the game, they don’t really forecheck us, they just wait for us to make mistakes, and we actually gave them what they got, and we have to be better with the puck, without the puck, defensively, in all areas of the game.
“I think we have to look at ourselves in the mirror and make sure we erase what happened and go from there.”
Letang is supposed to be Pittsburgh’s best defenseman; he finished last night with a minus-3 rating, lowering his series rating to minus-5.
“We have to be aware of the way we manage the puck, the way we play offensively, making sure we don’t have to come back with odd numbers, and go from there,” he said.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)