Jun 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
Kris Letang was one of the many Pittsburgh Penguins who had a poor game last night.
Here’s Boston’s second goal, which definitely wasn’t Letang’s finest moment:
Today, Letang was asked to assess the Penguins’ play, and his answer was brutally honest.
“We’re not doing anything good at all,” he said. “They’re a patient team. If I have to say something about their team, they’re really patient.
“Like we saw in the game, they don’t really forecheck us, they just wait for us to make mistakes, and we actually gave them what they got, and we have to be better with the puck, without the puck, defensively, in all areas of the game.
“I think we have to look at ourselves in the mirror and make sure we erase what happened and go from there.”
Letang is supposed to be Pittsburgh’s best defenseman; he finished last night with a minus-3 rating, lowering his series rating to minus-5.
“We have to be aware of the way we manage the puck, the way we play offensively, making sure we don’t have to come back with odd numbers, and go from there,” he said.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)