Jun 4, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes unveiled their new sweaters and uniforms on Tuesday, retaining their primary logo and colors while making alterations to sweaters, pants and socks.
“The process of making these changes began several years ago,” ‘Canes GM Jim Rutherford said in a statement. “We are pleased with the results, and proud that our team was able to design the new look internally.
“Doug Warf’s [Carolina’s marketing dept.] staff including Ben Aycock, Andrew Roman and Lauren Baxter devoted a lot of time and energy to this process, taking input from our hockey department to create uniforms that our players love, and our fans will hopefully enjoy as well.”
Here’s the look:
In case you’re wondering what the actual differences are from the old look, click here for a explanation of matte finishes, sans-serif-based fonts and shoulder yokes.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 8
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 106
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)