Jun 4, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes unveiled their new sweaters and uniforms on Tuesday, retaining their primary logo and colors while making alterations to sweaters, pants and socks.
“The process of making these changes began several years ago,” ‘Canes GM Jim Rutherford said in a statement. “We are pleased with the results, and proud that our team was able to design the new look internally.
“Doug Warf’s [Carolina’s marketing dept.] staff including Ben Aycock, Andrew Roman and Lauren Baxter devoted a lot of time and energy to this process, taking input from our hockey department to create uniforms that our players love, and our fans will hopefully enjoy as well.”
Here’s the look:
In case you’re wondering what the actual differences are from the old look, click here for a explanation of matte finishes, sans-serif-based fonts and shoulder yokes.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)