Jun 4, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes unveiled their new sweaters and uniforms on Tuesday, retaining their primary logo and colors while making alterations to sweaters, pants and socks.
“The process of making these changes began several years ago,” ‘Canes GM Jim Rutherford said in a statement. “We are pleased with the results, and proud that our team was able to design the new look internally.
“Doug Warf’s [Carolina's marketing dept.] staff including Ben Aycock, Andrew Roman and Lauren Baxter devoted a lot of time and energy to this process, taking input from our hockey department to create uniforms that our players love, and our fans will hopefully enjoy as well.”
Here’s the look:
In case you’re wondering what the actual differences are from the old look, click here for a explanation of matte finishes, sans-serif-based fonts and shoulder yokes.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)