Jun 4, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes unveiled their new sweaters and uniforms on Tuesday, retaining their primary logo and colors while making alterations to sweaters, pants and socks.
“The process of making these changes began several years ago,” ‘Canes GM Jim Rutherford said in a statement. “We are pleased with the results, and proud that our team was able to design the new look internally.
“Doug Warf’s [Carolina's marketing dept.] staff including Ben Aycock, Andrew Roman and Lauren Baxter devoted a lot of time and energy to this process, taking input from our hockey department to create uniforms that our players love, and our fans will hopefully enjoy as well.”
Here’s the look:
In case you’re wondering what the actual differences are from the old look, click here for a explanation of matte finishes, sans-serif-based fonts and shoulder yokes.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)