Jun 4, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes unveiled their new sweaters and uniforms on Tuesday, retaining their primary logo and colors while making alterations to sweaters, pants and socks.
“The process of making these changes began several years ago,” ‘Canes GM Jim Rutherford said in a statement. “We are pleased with the results, and proud that our team was able to design the new look internally.
“Doug Warf’s [Carolina’s marketing dept.] staff including Ben Aycock, Andrew Roman and Lauren Baxter devoted a lot of time and energy to this process, taking input from our hockey department to create uniforms that our players love, and our fans will hopefully enjoy as well.”
Here’s the look:
In case you’re wondering what the actual differences are from the old look, click here for a explanation of matte finishes, sans-serif-based fonts and shoulder yokes.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)