Jun 4, 2013, 8:17 PM EST
Here they are:
The club also announced today that it will retire former captain Mike Modano’s number 9 on March 8, 2014.
Modano is the franchise’s all-time scoring leader, with 1,359 points in 1,459 games, and helped them to a Stanley Cup title in 1999.
“Mike Modano is a once-in-a-generation player and an American hockey icon,” said Stars President and CEO Jim Lites in a release. “His contributions to our team, including winning the Stanley Cup and helping build hockey in Texas are immeasurable. We’re proud of everything Mike accomplished in a Stars uniform and are honored that his number 9 will hang in our rafters.”
Neal Broten (No. 7), Bill Goldsworthy (No. 8), and Bill Masterton (No. 19) have already had their numbers retired by the franchise. Of those three, only Broten played in Dallas after the team moved from Minnesota.
As for the new duds, the Stars’ website has the full story. Apparently, they “looked at more than 230 variations of the uniform, including several different color schemes, striping combinations, and logos.”
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 15
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 42
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)