Jun 4, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Here they are:
The club also announced today that it will retire former captain Mike Modano’s number 9 on March 8, 2014.
Modano is the franchise’s all-time scoring leader, with 1,359 points in 1,459 games, and helped them to a Stanley Cup title in 1999.
“Mike Modano is a once-in-a-generation player and an American hockey icon,” said Stars President and CEO Jim Lites in a release. “His contributions to our team, including winning the Stanley Cup and helping build hockey in Texas are immeasurable. We’re proud of everything Mike accomplished in a Stars uniform and are honored that his number 9 will hang in our rafters.”
Neal Broten (No. 7), Bill Goldsworthy (No. 8), and Bill Masterton (No. 19) have already had their numbers retired by the franchise. Of those three, only Broten played in Dallas after the team moved from Minnesota.
As for the new duds, the Stars’ website has the full story. Apparently, they “looked at more than 230 variations of the uniform, including several different color schemes, striping combinations, and logos.”
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)