Jun 4, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Here they are:
The club also announced today that it will retire former captain Mike Modano’s number 9 on March 8, 2014.
Modano is the franchise’s all-time scoring leader, with 1,359 points in 1,459 games, and helped them to a Stanley Cup title in 1999.
“Mike Modano is a once-in-a-generation player and an American hockey icon,” said Stars President and CEO Jim Lites in a release. “His contributions to our team, including winning the Stanley Cup and helping build hockey in Texas are immeasurable. We’re proud of everything Mike accomplished in a Stars uniform and are honored that his number 9 will hang in our rafters.”
Neal Broten (No. 7), Bill Goldsworthy (No. 8), and Bill Masterton (No. 19) have already had their numbers retired by the franchise. Of those three, only Broten played in Dallas after the team moved from Minnesota.
As for the new duds, the Stars’ website has the full story. Apparently, they “looked at more than 230 variations of the uniform, including several different color schemes, striping combinations, and logos.”
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)