Jun 4, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
With his team behind 0-2 in the Eastern Conference finals and facing a virtual must-win in Boston, Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said there would be changes to his roster and forward lines for Game 3.
“We have to get back to playing good defensive hockey, we have to get back to playing get away from the puck, and that’s got to happen throughout our lineup,” he explained.
“I think you’ll see some changes in our lines and a few guys being added to the lineup to do so.”
What those changes are remain to be seen.
Of the healthy scratches from Game 2, Beau Bennett, Simon Despres, Mark Eaton, Tanner Glass and Tyler Kennedy have all played at least once this postseason, with Kennedy (2G-3A-5PTS in eight games) being the most productive of the lot.
As for who might come out?
Jussi Jokinen (7:46 TOI), Joe Vitale (11:03) and Craig Adams (11:14) had the least amount of ice time among the forwards in Game 2, and one has to wonder if Douglas Murray could be in danger of getting parked after a rough outing (minus-2 and just 12:45 TOI, the lowest among all the defensemen).
Vokoun was yanked for the first time this postseason in Monday’s 6-1 loss after allowing three goals on 12 shots to start the game. Fleury came in and wasn’t much more effective, allowing three goals on 17 shots.
Bylsma sounded like he was leaning towards using Vokoun in Game 3.
“He’s certainly won a lot of hockey games, had a lot of success in that net for us,” Bylsma said. “He didn’t have that last night, but that’s not going to play into the decision.”
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 15
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)