Jun 4, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
With his team behind 0-2 in the Eastern Conference finals and facing a virtual must-win in Boston, Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said there would be changes to his roster and forward lines for Game 3.
“We have to get back to playing good defensive hockey, we have to get back to playing get away from the puck, and that’s got to happen throughout our lineup,” he explained.
“I think you’ll see some changes in our lines and a few guys being added to the lineup to do so.”
What those changes are remain to be seen.
Of the healthy scratches from Game 2, Beau Bennett, Simon Despres, Mark Eaton, Tanner Glass and Tyler Kennedy have all played at least once this postseason, with Kennedy (2G-3A-5PTS in eight games) being the most productive of the lot.
As for who might come out?
Jussi Jokinen (7:46 TOI), Joe Vitale (11:03) and Craig Adams (11:14) had the least amount of ice time among the forwards in Game 2, and one has to wonder if Douglas Murray could be in danger of getting parked after a rough outing (minus-2 and just 12:45 TOI, the lowest among all the defensemen).
Vokoun was yanked for the first time this postseason in Monday’s 6-1 loss after allowing three goals on 12 shots to start the game. Fleury came in and wasn’t much more effective, allowing three goals on 17 shots.
Bylsma sounded like he was leaning towards using Vokoun in Game 3.
“He’s certainly won a lot of hockey games, had a lot of success in that net for us,” Bylsma said. “He didn’t have that last night, but that’s not going to play into the decision.”
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22