Jun 4, 2013, 9:10 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins aren’t out of this series, but they have to get right back on track after their crushing 6-1 loss to the Boston Bruins.
This isn’t the first time this talented Penguins team has suffered a breakdown in 2013, but they’ve adjusted in the past. After Monday’s game, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was asked what Pittsburgh needs to do differently going forward.
“I think the biggest thing is our attitude,” Bylsma said. “And that was a big adjustment for our team earlier in the season, and that’s what it’s going to have to be, how we reset and how we get refocused and how we go into Boston.”
Bylsma added that he was surprised by how the Penguins have played over their last five periods, but he can’t say the same about the Boston Bruins’ performance.
“I don’t think they’ve given us any surprise with how they play or what to expect from their team,” Bylsma said. “I think when they have gotten leads in these two games, they’ve been very good.
“And when we’ve looked for offense or tried to create offense on our own, they’ve been very good at being solid defensively in how they play, but that’s not anything we didn’t expect from the team we’re playing.”
Game 3 will be in Boston on Wednesday (8:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 6
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)