Jun 4, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins aren’t out of this series, but they have to get right back on track after their crushing 6-1 loss to the Boston Bruins.
This isn’t the first time this talented Penguins team has suffered a breakdown in 2013, but they’ve adjusted in the past. After Monday’s game, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was asked what Pittsburgh needs to do differently going forward.
“I think the biggest thing is our attitude,” Bylsma said. “And that was a big adjustment for our team earlier in the season, and that’s what it’s going to have to be, how we reset and how we get refocused and how we go into Boston.”
Bylsma added that he was surprised by how the Penguins have played over their last five periods, but he can’t say the same about the Boston Bruins’ performance.
“I don’t think they’ve given us any surprise with how they play or what to expect from their team,” Bylsma said. “I think when they have gotten leads in these two games, they’ve been very good.
“And when we’ve looked for offense or tried to create offense on our own, they’ve been very good at being solid defensively in how they play, but that’s not anything we didn’t expect from the team we’re playing.”
Game 3 will be in Boston on Wednesday (8:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)