Jun 4, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins aren’t out of this series, but they have to get right back on track after their crushing 6-1 loss to the Boston Bruins.
This isn’t the first time this talented Penguins team has suffered a breakdown in 2013, but they’ve adjusted in the past. After Monday’s game, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was asked what Pittsburgh needs to do differently going forward.
“I think the biggest thing is our attitude,” Bylsma said. “And that was a big adjustment for our team earlier in the season, and that’s what it’s going to have to be, how we reset and how we get refocused and how we go into Boston.”
Bylsma added that he was surprised by how the Penguins have played over their last five periods, but he can’t say the same about the Boston Bruins’ performance.
“I don’t think they’ve given us any surprise with how they play or what to expect from their team,” Bylsma said. “I think when they have gotten leads in these two games, they’ve been very good.
“And when we’ve looked for offense or tried to create offense on our own, they’ve been very good at being solid defensively in how they play, but that’s not anything we didn’t expect from the team we’re playing.”
Game 3 will be in Boston on Wednesday (8:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)