Jun 4, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins aren’t out of this series, but they have to get right back on track after their crushing 6-1 loss to the Boston Bruins.
This isn’t the first time this talented Penguins team has suffered a breakdown in 2013, but they’ve adjusted in the past. After Monday’s game, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was asked what Pittsburgh needs to do differently going forward.
“I think the biggest thing is our attitude,” Bylsma said. “And that was a big adjustment for our team earlier in the season, and that’s what it’s going to have to be, how we reset and how we get refocused and how we go into Boston.”
Bylsma added that he was surprised by how the Penguins have played over their last five periods, but he can’t say the same about the Boston Bruins’ performance.
“I don’t think they’ve given us any surprise with how they play or what to expect from their team,” Bylsma said. “I think when they have gotten leads in these two games, they’ve been very good.
“And when we’ve looked for offense or tried to create offense on our own, they’ve been very good at being solid defensively in how they play, but that’s not anything we didn’t expect from the team we’re playing.”
Game 3 will be in Boston on Wednesday (8:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)