Jun 4, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins aren’t out of this series, but they have to get right back on track after their crushing 6-1 loss to the Boston Bruins.
This isn’t the first time this talented Penguins team has suffered a breakdown in 2013, but they’ve adjusted in the past. After Monday’s game, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was asked what Pittsburgh needs to do differently going forward.
“I think the biggest thing is our attitude,” Bylsma said. “And that was a big adjustment for our team earlier in the season, and that’s what it’s going to have to be, how we reset and how we get refocused and how we go into Boston.”
Bylsma added that he was surprised by how the Penguins have played over their last five periods, but he can’t say the same about the Boston Bruins’ performance.
“I don’t think they’ve given us any surprise with how they play or what to expect from their team,” Bylsma said. “I think when they have gotten leads in these two games, they’ve been very good.
“And when we’ve looked for offense or tried to create offense on our own, they’ve been very good at being solid defensively in how they play, but that’s not anything we didn’t expect from the team we’re playing.”
Game 3 will be in Boston on Wednesday (8:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)