Jun 3, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The return of Marc-Andre Fleury will have to wait.
Vokoun stopped 27 of Boston’s 30 shots in that Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals. The 36-year-old boasts a .937 save percentage in the playoffs, far superior to the .891 number Fleury put up prior to being replaced after four games of the first round.
According to NHL.com’s Chris Adamski, Vokoun knew soon after Game 1 that he would be starting Game 2.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22