Jun 3, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The return of Marc-Andre Fleury will have to wait.
Vokoun stopped 27 of Boston’s 30 shots in that Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals. The 36-year-old boasts a .937 save percentage in the playoffs, far superior to the .891 number Fleury put up prior to being replaced after four games of the first round.
According to NHL.com’s Chris Adamski, Vokoun knew soon after Game 1 that he would be starting Game 2.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 12
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39