Jun 3, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The return of Marc-Andre Fleury will have to wait.
Vokoun stopped 27 of Boston’s 30 shots in that Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals. The 36-year-old boasts a .937 save percentage in the playoffs, far superior to the .891 number Fleury put up prior to being replaced after four games of the first round.
According to NHL.com’s Chris Adamski, Vokoun knew soon after Game 1 that he would be starting Game 2.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6