Jun 3, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Prior to the Blackhawks taking a 2-0 series lead on the Kings in the Western Conference finals, the mayor of each respective city — Chicago’s Rahm Emanuel, Los Angeles’ Antonio Villaraigosa — made a friendly wager on which team would advance to the Stanley Cup finals.
The winner will celebrate by consuming approximately 302,432 calories.
— 25 Italian beef sandwiches from Al’s Italian Beef
— 3 Cases of Goose Island’s 312 Lager beer
— One case of Robinson’s Ribs Barbecue Sauce, containing the flavors Original, Brown Sugar and Hot.
— 25 Slices of Eli’s Cheesecake: a “hat trick” of Original, Strawberry, and Chocolate Chip flavors.
— One copy of The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration, for you to read in your forthcoming retirement.
— 9 #19 Pastrami Sandwiches from Langer’s Deli
— 9 French Dip Sandwiches from Phillipe the Original
(“For the sandwiches, one case of Morehouse Mustard, the official mustard of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Speaking of baseball, when was the last time the Cubs were in the World Series?”)
— One case of beer each from our very own Golden Road and Eagle Rock Breweries.
— 3 Hollenbeck Burritos from El Tepeyac Cafe, weighing in at five pounds each.
— 12 bottles of Sriracha Chili Suace
— And to ensure that you maintain your newfound inner peace, one copy of YogaWorks for Everybody DVD.
Speaking of mayoral bets, remember when Toronto’s Rob Ford tried to get a wager going with Boston mayor Thomas Menino in the first round?
If you thought that was setup for the obvious joke well, you’re wrong.
It was a setup for the Rob Ford football GIF!
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)