Jun 3, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Prior to the Blackhawks taking a 2-0 series lead on the Kings in the Western Conference finals, the mayor of each respective city — Chicago’s Rahm Emanuel, Los Angeles’ Antonio Villaraigosa — made a friendly wager on which team would advance to the Stanley Cup finals.
The winner will celebrate by consuming approximately 302,432 calories.
— 25 Italian beef sandwiches from Al’s Italian Beef
— 3 Cases of Goose Island’s 312 Lager beer
— One case of Robinson’s Ribs Barbecue Sauce, containing the flavors Original, Brown Sugar and Hot.
— 25 Slices of Eli’s Cheesecake: a “hat trick” of Original, Strawberry, and Chocolate Chip flavors.
— One copy of The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration, for you to read in your forthcoming retirement.
— 9 #19 Pastrami Sandwiches from Langer’s Deli
— 9 French Dip Sandwiches from Phillipe the Original
(“For the sandwiches, one case of Morehouse Mustard, the official mustard of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Speaking of baseball, when was the last time the Cubs were in the World Series?”)
— One case of beer each from our very own Golden Road and Eagle Rock Breweries.
— 3 Hollenbeck Burritos from El Tepeyac Cafe, weighing in at five pounds each.
— 12 bottles of Sriracha Chili Suace
— And to ensure that you maintain your newfound inner peace, one copy of YogaWorks for Everybody DVD.
Speaking of mayoral bets, remember when Toronto’s Rob Ford tried to get a wager going with Boston mayor Thomas Menino in the first round?
If you thought that was setup for the obvious joke well, you’re wrong.
It was a setup for the Rob Ford football GIF!
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 35
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)