Jun 3, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Prior to the Blackhawks taking a 2-0 series lead on the Kings in the Western Conference finals, the mayor of each respective city — Chicago’s Rahm Emanuel, Los Angeles’ Antonio Villaraigosa — made a friendly wager on which team would advance to the Stanley Cup finals.
The winner will celebrate by consuming approximately 302,432 calories.
– 25 Italian beef sandwiches from Al’s Italian Beef
– 3 Cases of Goose Island’s 312 Lager beer
– One case of Robinson’s Ribs Barbecue Sauce, containing the flavors Original, Brown Sugar and Hot.
– 25 Slices of Eli’s Cheesecake: a “hat trick” of Original, Strawberry, and Chocolate Chip flavors.
– One copy of The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration, for you to read in your forthcoming retirement.
– 9 #19 Pastrami Sandwiches from Langer’s Deli
– 9 French Dip Sandwiches from Phillipe the Original
(“For the sandwiches, one case of Morehouse Mustard, the official mustard of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Speaking of baseball, when was the last time the Cubs were in the World Series?”)
– One case of beer each from our very own Golden Road and Eagle Rock Breweries.
– 3 Hollenbeck Burritos from El Tepeyac Cafe, weighing in at five pounds each.
– 12 bottles of Sriracha Chili Suace
– And to ensure that you maintain your newfound inner peace, one copy of YogaWorks for Everybody DVD.
Speaking of mayoral bets, remember when Toronto’s Rob Ford tried to get a wager going with Boston mayor Thomas Menino in the first round?
If you thought that was setup for the obvious joke well, you’re wrong.
It was a setup for the Rob Ford football GIF!
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 0
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)