Jun 3, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Prior to the Blackhawks taking a 2-0 series lead on the Kings in the Western Conference finals, the mayor of each respective city — Chicago’s Rahm Emanuel, Los Angeles’ Antonio Villaraigosa — made a friendly wager on which team would advance to the Stanley Cup finals.
The winner will celebrate by consuming approximately 302,432 calories.
– 25 Italian beef sandwiches from Al’s Italian Beef
— 3 Cases of Goose Island’s 312 Lager beer
— One case of Robinson’s Ribs Barbecue Sauce, containing the flavors Original, Brown Sugar and Hot.
— 25 Slices of Eli’s Cheesecake: a “hat trick” of Original, Strawberry, and Chocolate Chip flavors.
— One copy of The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration, for you to read in your forthcoming retirement.
– 9 #19 Pastrami Sandwiches from Langer’s Deli
— 9 French Dip Sandwiches from Phillipe the Original
(“For the sandwiches, one case of Morehouse Mustard, the official mustard of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Speaking of baseball, when was the last time the Cubs were in the World Series?”)
— One case of beer each from our very own Golden Road and Eagle Rock Breweries.
— 3 Hollenbeck Burritos from El Tepeyac Cafe, weighing in at five pounds each.
— 12 bottles of Sriracha Chili Suace
— And to ensure that you maintain your newfound inner peace, one copy of YogaWorks for Everybody DVD.
Speaking of mayoral bets, remember when Toronto’s Rob Ford tried to get a wager going with Boston mayor Thomas Menino in the first round?
If you thought that was setup for the obvious joke well, you’re wrong.
It was a setup for the Rob Ford football GIF!
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 12
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12