Jun 3, 2013, 3:54 PM EDT
Pierre Groulx is no longer the goaltending coach in Montreal, the Canadiens announced today.
“I want to sincerely thank Pierre Groulx for his contribution to the Canadiens’ organization over the past four years. Pierre is a coach with a strong work ethic, a true professional who largely contributed to the development of our goaltenders. Unfortunately, we have to make the difficult decision today not to renew his contract with the team. I want to wish Pierre the best of luck with the pursuit of his career,” said Habs general manager Marc Bergevin in a release.
It’s not clear why exactly the Canadiens chose to part ways with Groulx; however, it has to be noted that Carey Price struggled badly down the stretch and into the playoffs, where he was ultimately injured and replaced by Peter Budaj.
No replacement for Groulx has been named.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 0
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 43
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 26
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)