Jun 3, 2013, 3:54 PM EST
Pierre Groulx is no longer the goaltending coach in Montreal, the Canadiens announced today.
“I want to sincerely thank Pierre Groulx for his contribution to the Canadiens’ organization over the past four years. Pierre is a coach with a strong work ethic, a true professional who largely contributed to the development of our goaltenders. Unfortunately, we have to make the difficult decision today not to renew his contract with the team. I want to wish Pierre the best of luck with the pursuit of his career,” said Habs general manager Marc Bergevin in a release.
It’s not clear why exactly the Canadiens chose to part ways with Groulx; however, it has to be noted that Carey Price struggled badly down the stretch and into the playoffs, where he was ultimately injured and replaced by Peter Budaj.
No replacement for Groulx has been named.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)