Jun 3, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
DeKeyser, 23, debuted for the Wings in April after Detroit beat out a number of NHL suitors for his services.
The former Western Michigan standout proceeded to appear in 11 regular-season contests with the Wings, registering one point, but broke his hand in Game 2 of Detroit’s opening-round playoff victory against Anaheim.
It was believed at the time DeKeyser’s season was finished — “he’s done,” said Wings head coach Mike Babcock at the time — but the talented rearguard recovered faster than expected and will now join the Griffins as they look to close out Oklahoma City in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 11
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)