Jun 2, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
The first period of Game 2 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings featured some chippy moments, with quite a few of them going against Los Angeles – much like the 2-0 score.
Doughty is second to only Zdeno Chara among active players in average time on ice with almost 28 minutes per night, so losing the gifted 23-year-old defenseman would have been especially tough since the Kings are already without Mike Richards.
The good news is that Doughty was on the ice for the remainder of the minor penalty Bickell received as a part of Los Angeles’ power-play unit, so it seems like he’s OK.
(We’ll find out soon enough if he’s fine or just Darryl Sutter fine, however.)
Note: the Blackhawks had a hold-their-breath moment, too, as Corey Crawford was bumped behind his net:
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 26
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 13
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 78
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)