Jun 2, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
The first period of Game 2 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings featured some chippy moments, with quite a few of them going against Los Angeles – much like the 2-0 score.
Doughty is second to only Zdeno Chara among active players in average time on ice with almost 28 minutes per night, so losing the gifted 23-year-old defenseman would have been especially tough since the Kings are already without Mike Richards.
The good news is that Doughty was on the ice for the remainder of the minor penalty Bickell received as a part of Los Angeles’ power-play unit, so it seems like he’s OK.
(We’ll find out soon enough if he’s fine or just Darryl Sutter fine, however.)
Note: the Blackhawks had a hold-their-breath moment, too, as Corey Crawford was bumped behind his net:
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)