Jun 2, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
The first period of Game 2 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings featured some chippy moments, with quite a few of them going against Los Angeles – much like the 2-0 score.
Doughty is second to only Zdeno Chara among active players in average time on ice with almost 28 minutes per night, so losing the gifted 23-year-old defenseman would have been especially tough since the Kings are already without Mike Richards.
The good news is that Doughty was on the ice for the remainder of the minor penalty Bickell received as a part of Los Angeles’ power-play unit, so it seems like he’s OK.
(We’ll find out soon enough if he’s fine or just Darryl Sutter fine, however.)
Note: the Blackhawks had a hold-their-breath moment, too, as Corey Crawford was bumped behind his net:
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)