Jun 2, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
The first period of Game 2 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings featured some chippy moments, with quite a few of them going against Los Angeles – much like the 2-0 score.
Doughty is second to only Zdeno Chara among active players in average time on ice with almost 28 minutes per night, so losing the gifted 23-year-old defenseman would have been especially tough since the Kings are already without Mike Richards.
The good news is that Doughty was on the ice for the remainder of the minor penalty Bickell received as a part of Los Angeles’ power-play unit, so it seems like he’s OK.
(We’ll find out soon enough if he’s fine or just Darryl Sutter fine, however.)
Note: the Blackhawks had a hold-their-breath moment, too, as Corey Crawford was bumped behind his net:
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 1
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 55
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 40
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 12
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 45
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)