Jun 2, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick helped the Los Angeles Kings defy odds by building a 1-0 lead despite a significant shot disadvantage in the first period of Game 1, but his early start wasn’t so strong in Game 2 on Sunday.
Andrew Shaw scored about two minutes into the contest on a shot that one would think Quick might normally stop:
In Quick’s defense, it’s possible that the puck got deflected.
- In praise of John Tavares 1
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 8
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31