Jun 2, 2013, 11:19 PM EST
Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick might not have won Game 1, but he instilled a lot of doubt into shooters’ minds coming into Sunday’s Game 2 nonetheless. His evening ended up being as rough as it was short, though, as you can see.
Quick didn’t hesitate to accept the blame following that defeat, as CSN Chicago’s Nina Falcone reports.
“They did their job at home, now we have to go do our job at home,” Quick said. “I haven’t done my job on the road.”
The Kings are indeed 1-7 away from Los Angeles, yet it’s unfair to lay it all at the 27-year-old netminder’s feet.
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville provided interesting perspective on his opponents’ goaltender, according to the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus.
“I still think that’s going to be an ongoing challenge with him,” Quenneville said. “Some nights it goes in.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)