Jun 2, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
Yesterday’s pair of Game 1’s saw a suspicious hit in each of them and they’re both going to go without further discipline.
Chicago’s Dave Bolland hit Los Angeles’ Mike Richards with a high hit that appeared to see Bolland leave his feet to make. The hit left Richards dazed but ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun reports Bolland won’t see further action from the league for it, however. Bolland was not penalized for the hit during the game and felt it was a good hit.
Pittsburgh’s Matt Cooke hit Boston defenseman Adam McQuaid from behind into the boards, earning him a five-minute major and a game misconduct while also touching off hostilities between the two teams. McQuaid wasn’t injured on the play and coach Dan Bylsma didn’t think the play deserved a major penalty.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports Cooke also won’t see further discipline from the league for the hit. Don’t expect everyone to forget about the hit, however, as Monday night’s Game 2 should be brimming with angst.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)