Jun 2, 2013, 10:58 AM EST
Yesterday’s pair of Game 1’s saw a suspicious hit in each of them and they’re both going to go without further discipline.
Chicago’s Dave Bolland hit Los Angeles’ Mike Richards with a high hit that appeared to see Bolland leave his feet to make. The hit left Richards dazed but ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun reports Bolland won’t see further action from the league for it, however. Bolland was not penalized for the hit during the game and felt it was a good hit.
Pittsburgh’s Matt Cooke hit Boston defenseman Adam McQuaid from behind into the boards, earning him a five-minute major and a game misconduct while also touching off hostilities between the two teams. McQuaid wasn’t injured on the play and coach Dan Bylsma didn’t think the play deserved a major penalty.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports Cooke also won’t see further discipline from the league for the hit. Don’t expect everyone to forget about the hit, however, as Monday night’s Game 2 should be brimming with angst.
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 1
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 50
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)