Jun 2, 2013, 8:06 PM EST
Note to self/the Internet: Darryl Sutter calling someone “fine” doesn’t necessarily mean they’re fit to play in a playoff hockey contest.
Richards, 28, is officially described as having an “upper-body injury,” according to Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider. If that’s code for a concussion, that’s bad news, as he’s dealt with some issues in the past.
The Blackhawks lineup will be the same as yesterday’s mix.
It’s all a bummer for Los Angeles’ pivots, as they were just getting used to the idea of having faceoff demon Jarret Stoll back.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 29
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 46
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 16
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 32
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 49
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 48
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)