Jun 2, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
Note to self/the Internet: Darryl Sutter calling someone “fine” doesn’t necessarily mean they’re fit to play in a playoff hockey contest.
Richards, 28, is officially described as having an “upper-body injury,” according to Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider. If that’s code for a concussion, that’s bad news, as he’s dealt with some issues in the past.
The Blackhawks lineup will be the same as yesterday’s mix.
It’s all a bummer for Los Angeles’ pivots, as they were just getting used to the idea of having faceoff demon Jarret Stoll back.
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 4
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 12
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 115
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (115)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)