Jun 2, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
Note to self/the Internet: Darryl Sutter calling someone “fine” doesn’t necessarily mean they’re fit to play in a playoff hockey contest.
Richards, 28, is officially described as having an “upper-body injury,” according to Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider. If that’s code for a concussion, that’s bad news, as he’s dealt with some issues in the past.
The Blackhawks lineup will be the same as yesterday’s mix.
It’s all a bummer for Los Angeles’ pivots, as they were just getting used to the idea of having faceoff demon Jarret Stoll back.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)