Jun 2, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
Note to self/the Internet: Darryl Sutter calling someone “fine” doesn’t necessarily mean they’re fit to play in a playoff hockey contest.
Richards, 28, is officially described as having an “upper-body injury,” according to Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider. If that’s code for a concussion, that’s bad news, as he’s dealt with some issues in the past.
The Blackhawks lineup will be the same as yesterday’s mix.
It’s all a bummer for Los Angeles’ pivots, as they were just getting used to the idea of having faceoff demon Jarret Stoll back.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (81)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)