Jun 2, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
“After I got by him, I looked up and see his right shoulder and he looks me right in the eyes. I was committed to hit him,” Cooke says.
“I made contact. I think it’s a penalty, but I don’t think it’s an ejection or a suspension, but that’s my opinion,” he added.
An ejection is just what he got for boarding McQuaid as he was assessed a five-minute major and a game misconduct. Expect hostilities to continue in Game 2.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5