Jun 2, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
“After I got by him, I looked up and see his right shoulder and he looks me right in the eyes. I was committed to hit him,” Cooke says.
“I made contact. I think it’s a penalty, but I don’t think it’s an ejection or a suspension, but that’s my opinion,” he added.
An ejection is just what he got for boarding McQuaid as he was assessed a five-minute major and a game misconduct. Expect hostilities to continue in Game 2.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18