Jun 2, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s not official by any means, though.
Decked out in his “Hockey Night in Canada tie,” Darryl Sutter simply said that Richards, 28, is “fine.”
As far as how he felt about the check, Sutter followed the recent trends of coaches offering a no-comment.
“I really have nothing to say about it,” Sutter said. “It’s not an issue.”
Again, it sounds like he’ll play, but it’s not a guarantee. PHT will inform you if he ends up missing the game.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 9
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4