Jun 2, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Brown caught Toews with an elbow in the throat in the final minute of Chicago’s 2-1 Game 1 victory. While the hit appeared to just be a big one along the boards, there was a little something extra to it that Toews didn’t care for. He told reporters this morning that he expects that sort of thing from the Kings captain.
“We know that he’s going to be looking for stuff like that. Just got to be aware of it,” Toews said.
“I think they were maybe a little frustrated we were moving the puck around the outside without even two minutes left to go in the game, just trying to kill time on the power play. I kind of expect him to do something like that.”
The Kings getting rough with Brown leading the way is nothing new, but his way of doing it has gotten under other teams’ skin in the past. Just ask last year’s Coyotes about that.
How these two captains battle things out as this series goes along is going to be curious. Both let their play do the talking and Toews might not want to get roped into Brown’s extracurricular activities.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)