Jun 1, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks generated a massive 17-2 shot advantage in the first period of Game 1, yet the Los Angeles Kings took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission.
As great as Jonathan Quick has been, it was tough to shake the notion that it was only a matter of time before the Blackhawks broke through. That happened in the second period as Patrick Sharp scored his 2013 playoffs-leading eighth goal to make it 1-1 and then Marian Hossa made a deft deflection to give the Blackhawks the lead.
Take a look at both goals:
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 20
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 10
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 35
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79