Jun 1, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks generated a massive 17-2 shot advantage in the first period of Game 1, yet the Los Angeles Kings took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission.
As great as Jonathan Quick has been, it was tough to shake the notion that it was only a matter of time before the Blackhawks broke through. That happened in the second period as Patrick Sharp scored his 2013 playoffs-leading eighth goal to make it 1-1 and then Marian Hossa made a deft deflection to give the Blackhawks the lead.
Take a look at both goals:
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9