Jun 1, 2013, 7:53 PM EST
Richards has been the giver and receiver of more than a few. He took a serious blow from Bolland in the waning moments of the third period of Game 1 on Saturday:
Bolland didn’t receive a penalty on the play (which actually included a separate tripping infraction). It’s difficult to tell if Richards was injured or merely hurt by that hit since there was little game time left, but the announcing crew pointed out that he seemed dazed.
Richards declined to speak to reporters who wanted to ask how he felt after hit.
— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) June 2, 2013
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11