Jun 1, 2013, 7:53 PM EDT
Richards has been the giver and receiver of more than a few. He took a serious blow from Bolland in the waning moments of the third period of Game 1 on Saturday:
Bolland didn’t receive a penalty on the play (which actually included a separate tripping infraction). It’s difficult to tell if Richards was injured or merely hurt by that hit since there was little game time left, but the announcing crew pointed out that he seemed dazed.
Richards declined to speak to reporters who wanted to ask how he felt after hit.
— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) June 2, 2013
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40