Jun 1, 2013, 7:53 PM EDT
Richards has been the giver and receiver of more than a few. He took a serious blow from Bolland in the waning moments of the third period of Game 1 on Saturday:
Bolland didn’t receive a penalty on the play (which actually included a separate tripping infraction). It’s difficult to tell if Richards was injured or merely hurt by that hit since there was little game time left, but the announcing crew pointed out that he seemed dazed.
Richards declined to speak to reporters who wanted to ask how he felt after hit.
— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) June 2, 2013
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53