Jun 1, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins haven’t met in the playoffs in about 20 years, but the hate’s revving up as if Ulf Samuelsson was on the ice.
A physical first period gave way to a controversy-soaked middle frame as Matt Cooke was ejected for hitting Adam McQuaid from behind, but that was just part of the zaniness. The bitterness really boiled over when Brad Marchand received a two-minute minor penalty for boarding James Neal with about 30 seconds left in the second:
It all opens the door for what could be a wild finish.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21