Jun 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Kings center Jarret Stoll is a game-time decision to play for Los Angeles, as Dan Rosen of NHL.com reports, in tonight’s first game of the Western Conference finals and they could use his help up the middle.
The Kings got killed at the faceoff dot by San Jose after Stoll was put out of commission by Sharks forward Raffi Torres with a concussion in Game 1 of that series. Centers Anze Kopitar and Mike Richards did the heavy lifting on draws after that, but both players were average at that against the Sharks. With guys like Jonathan Toews, Michal Handzus, and Marcus Kruger to contend with, Stoll’s ability will be needed.
The other area he can help in is on the penalty kill. Chicago’s power play improved in the last round against Detroit and with this series expected to be tight and low-scoring, every little bit of assistance counts.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)