Jun 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Kings center Jarret Stoll is a game-time decision to play for Los Angeles, as Dan Rosen of NHL.com reports, in tonight’s first game of the Western Conference finals and they could use his help up the middle.
The Kings got killed at the faceoff dot by San Jose after Stoll was put out of commission by Sharks forward Raffi Torres with a concussion in Game 1 of that series. Centers Anze Kopitar and Mike Richards did the heavy lifting on draws after that, but both players were average at that against the Sharks. With guys like Jonathan Toews, Michal Handzus, and Marcus Kruger to contend with, Stoll’s ability will be needed.
The other area he can help in is on the penalty kill. Chicago’s power play improved in the last round against Detroit and with this series expected to be tight and low-scoring, every little bit of assistance counts.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)