Jun 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Kings center Jarret Stoll is a game-time decision to play for Los Angeles, as Dan Rosen of NHL.com reports, in tonight’s first game of the Western Conference finals and they could use his help up the middle.
The Kings got killed at the faceoff dot by San Jose after Stoll was put out of commission by Sharks forward Raffi Torres with a concussion in Game 1 of that series. Centers Anze Kopitar and Mike Richards did the heavy lifting on draws after that, but both players were average at that against the Sharks. With guys like Jonathan Toews, Michal Handzus, and Marcus Kruger to contend with, Stoll’s ability will be needed.
The other area he can help in is on the penalty kill. Chicago’s power play improved in the last round against Detroit and with this series expected to be tight and low-scoring, every little bit of assistance counts.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)