Jun 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
Kings center Jarret Stoll is a game-time decision to play for Los Angeles, as Dan Rosen of NHL.com reports, in tonight’s first game of the Western Conference finals and they could use his help up the middle.
The Kings got killed at the faceoff dot by San Jose after Stoll was put out of commission by Sharks forward Raffi Torres with a concussion in Game 1 of that series. Centers Anze Kopitar and Mike Richards did the heavy lifting on draws after that, but both players were average at that against the Sharks. With guys like Jonathan Toews, Michal Handzus, and Marcus Kruger to contend with, Stoll’s ability will be needed.
The other area he can help in is on the penalty kill. Chicago’s power play improved in the last round against Detroit and with this series expected to be tight and low-scoring, every little bit of assistance counts.
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 11
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)