Jun 1, 2013, 10:29 AM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports the Dallas Stars have received permission from the Maple Leafs to speak with Toronto Marlies head coach Dallas Eakins about their opening behind the bench.
The Stars aren’t the only team interested in Eakins, however, as the Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers, and New York Rangers are curious about him as well. The Oilers are a curious team there as they’ve already got Ralph Krueger as their head coach.
Eakins is one of the hottest names for opening coaching positions in the league this summer and it’s for good reason. The former NHL defenseman has done a standout job in four seasons coaching in the AHL putting up a 157-114-41 record in that time and taking them to the playoffs the last two seasons. Last year, the Marlies made it to the Calder Cup finals before losing to Norfolk.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 9
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)