Jun 1, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports the Dallas Stars have received permission from the Maple Leafs to speak with Toronto Marlies head coach Dallas Eakins about their opening behind the bench.
The Stars aren’t the only team interested in Eakins, however, as the Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers, and New York Rangers are curious about him as well. The Oilers are a curious team there as they’ve already got Ralph Krueger as their head coach.
Eakins is one of the hottest names for opening coaching positions in the league this summer and it’s for good reason. The former NHL defenseman has done a standout job in four seasons coaching in the AHL putting up a 157-114-41 record in that time and taking them to the playoffs the last two seasons. Last year, the Marlies made it to the Calder Cup finals before losing to Norfolk.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 0
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 95
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 50
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115