Jun 1, 2013, 10:29 AM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports the Dallas Stars have received permission from the Maple Leafs to speak with Toronto Marlies head coach Dallas Eakins about their opening behind the bench.
The Stars aren’t the only team interested in Eakins, however, as the Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers, and New York Rangers are curious about him as well. The Oilers are a curious team there as they’ve already got Ralph Krueger as their head coach.
Eakins is one of the hottest names for opening coaching positions in the league this summer and it’s for good reason. The former NHL defenseman has done a standout job in four seasons coaching in the AHL putting up a 157-114-41 record in that time and taking them to the playoffs the last two seasons. Last year, the Marlies made it to the Calder Cup finals before losing to Norfolk.
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 1
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 5
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 10
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)