Jun 1, 2013, 10:29 AM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports the Dallas Stars have received permission from the Maple Leafs to speak with Toronto Marlies head coach Dallas Eakins about their opening behind the bench.
The Stars aren’t the only team interested in Eakins, however, as the Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers, and New York Rangers are curious about him as well. The Oilers are a curious team there as they’ve already got Ralph Krueger as their head coach.
Eakins is one of the hottest names for opening coaching positions in the league this summer and it’s for good reason. The former NHL defenseman has done a standout job in four seasons coaching in the AHL putting up a 157-114-41 record in that time and taking them to the playoffs the last two seasons. Last year, the Marlies made it to the Calder Cup finals before losing to Norfolk.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)