Jun 1, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks managed to outshoot the Los Angeles Kings 17-2 in the first period, but were down 1-0 after conceding a hard to swallow goal.
That had the potential to be a demoralizing and game changing incident, but the Blackhawks didn’t let it get under their skin.
“Obviously it’s not the score we’d like after a first period, but we knew there was a lot of hockey left to be played,” Chicago’s Duncan Keith said. “We were happy with the way we played other than that goal.”
Keith added that he thought they “did a good job just sticking with it, regrouping after that period, knowing that we had a pretty strong period. Just tried to keep going from that, stick with it.”
For a team that didn’t deal with a ton of adversity during the regular season, they certainly are responding ideally to it in the playoffs. They bounced back from a 3-1 series deficit against Detroit in the second round and were able to stay focused after a controversial disallowed goal late in Game 7.
That should be a big asset against the Los Angeles Kings because odds are most of the games in this series are going to go down to the wire.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)