Jun 1, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The NHLPA announced this year’s Competition Committee members headed to Toronto for their meeting with the NHL on Tuesday.
St. Louis’ David Backes and Alex Pietrangelo, Calgary’s Mike Cammalleri, Vancouver’s Cory Schneider, and Winnipeg’s Ron Hainsey earn the honors. Those five will represent the players’ interests in the state of rules and regulations in the league and perhaps the most important guy there is Schneider.
Being the lone goalie on the committee means Schneider has to represent what other netminders want as far as equipment regulations and rules regarding goalie play. Expect him to face the fire when it comes to talk about reducing the size of goalie pads as well as talk about possibly eliminating the trapezoid.
Elliotte Friedman of CBC says the NHL’s representatives at the meeting will be Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider, Detroit GM Ken Holland, Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman, Nashville GM David Poile, and Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle. Referee Don Van Massenhoven will also be part of the meeting.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)