Jun 1, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The NHLPA announced this year’s Competition Committee members headed to Toronto for their meeting with the NHL on Tuesday.
St. Louis’ David Backes and Alex Pietrangelo, Calgary’s Mike Cammalleri, Vancouver’s Cory Schneider, and Winnipeg’s Ron Hainsey earn the honors. Those five will represent the players’ interests in the state of rules and regulations in the league and perhaps the most important guy there is Schneider.
Being the lone goalie on the committee means Schneider has to represent what other netminders want as far as equipment regulations and rules regarding goalie play. Expect him to face the fire when it comes to talk about reducing the size of goalie pads as well as talk about possibly eliminating the trapezoid.
Elliotte Friedman of CBC says the NHL’s representatives at the meeting will be Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider, Detroit GM Ken Holland, Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman, Nashville GM David Poile, and Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle. Referee Don Van Massenhoven will also be part of the meeting.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38