Jun 1, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The NHLPA announced this year’s Competition Committee members headed to Toronto for their meeting with the NHL on Tuesday.
St. Louis’ David Backes and Alex Pietrangelo, Calgary’s Mike Cammalleri, Vancouver’s Cory Schneider, and Winnipeg’s Ron Hainsey earn the honors. Those five will represent the players’ interests in the state of rules and regulations in the league and perhaps the most important guy there is Schneider.
Being the lone goalie on the committee means Schneider has to represent what other netminders want as far as equipment regulations and rules regarding goalie play. Expect him to face the fire when it comes to talk about reducing the size of goalie pads as well as talk about possibly eliminating the trapezoid.
Elliotte Friedman of CBC says the NHL’s representatives at the meeting will be Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider, Detroit GM Ken Holland, Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman, Nashville GM David Poile, and Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle. Referee Don Van Massenhoven will also be part of the meeting.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5