Jun 1, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The NHLPA announced this year’s Competition Committee members headed to Toronto for their meeting with the NHL on Tuesday.
St. Louis’ David Backes and Alex Pietrangelo, Calgary’s Mike Cammalleri, Vancouver’s Cory Schneider, and Winnipeg’s Ron Hainsey earn the honors. Those five will represent the players’ interests in the state of rules and regulations in the league and perhaps the most important guy there is Schneider.
Being the lone goalie on the committee means Schneider has to represent what other netminders want as far as equipment regulations and rules regarding goalie play. Expect him to face the fire when it comes to talk about reducing the size of goalie pads as well as talk about possibly eliminating the trapezoid.
Elliotte Friedman of CBC says the NHL’s representatives at the meeting will be Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider, Detroit GM Ken Holland, Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman, Nashville GM David Poile, and Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle. Referee Don Van Massenhoven will also be part of the meeting.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)