Jun 1, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
The NHLPA announced this year’s Competition Committee members headed to Toronto for their meeting with the NHL on Tuesday.
St. Louis’ David Backes and Alex Pietrangelo, Calgary’s Mike Cammalleri, Vancouver’s Cory Schneider, and Winnipeg’s Ron Hainsey earn the honors. Those five will represent the players’ interests in the state of rules and regulations in the league and perhaps the most important guy there is Schneider.
Being the lone goalie on the committee means Schneider has to represent what other netminders want as far as equipment regulations and rules regarding goalie play. Expect him to face the fire when it comes to talk about reducing the size of goalie pads as well as talk about possibly eliminating the trapezoid.
Elliotte Friedman of CBC says the NHL’s representatives at the meeting will be Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider, Detroit GM Ken Holland, Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman, Nashville GM David Poile, and Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle. Referee Don Van Massenhoven will also be part of the meeting.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 6
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 48
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 70
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)