Jun 1, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets avoided a bit of an embarrassing situation after signing 2011 fifth-round pick Austen Brassard to his entry-level contract today.
Had the two sides not come together on a deal, Brassard would’ve been eligible to go back into this summer’s draft. Instead, the Belleville Bulls rugged forward is officially part of the Jets and brings a tough game with him.
This past season, Brassard had 14 goals and 33 points while racking up 94 penalty minutes. He added another 12 points in 17 games during the OHL playoffs.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 1
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 67
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 33
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 58
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7