Jun 1, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
It was a tough season for Detroit’s Ian White and now it’s likely his time as a Red Wings defenseman is over.
Chuck Pleiness of the Macomb Daily heard from the veteran blue liner about his season and while he thought he was doing the right things, it wasn’t what coach Mike Babcock was looking for.
“I don’t know (what happened),” White said. “I thought I was playing pretty well. I played seven games in a row the last time I played and I was on the ice for one goal against in seven games. I scored a goal too and thought I was playing pretty well. Obviously not letting goals in is what I’m paid to do, so for whatever reason I wasn’t in the mix and sometimes that’s how it goes.”
While he thrived last season playing alongside Nicklas Lidstrom, he struggled this season. You don’t suppose there’s a correlation there, do you? At the very least, Babcock wished him well so he’s got that going for him.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 81
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 70
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7