Jun 1, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
Well, that wasn’t pretty … unless you’re Tuukka Rask and his agent, that is.
The Boston Bruins beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-0 in a game that was skin-tight for two periods before things spiraled out of control in the third period. Boston took a 1-0 series lead in Pittsburgh’s building on Saturday.
- The Penguins have had moments when they lose their cool, with a few meltdowns in their last series against the Philadelphia Flyers being a prominent example. Does head coach Dan Bylsma need to rein everyone in more often? Is it on Sidney Crosby instead? Or is it, dare we ask, a good thing for them to blow off steam?
- Rask got the shutout in Game 1. In related news, he’s a free agent. How much is he worth to Boston?
- Speaking of Bruins free agents, Nathan Horton had a goal and two assists. If he leaves Boston, which team would be wisest to snatch the power forward up?
- Is Mike Milbury right in doubting Tomas Vokoun or does he deserve a longer leash with Marc-Andre Fleury waiting in the wings?
- David Krejci improved his league-leading playoff points total to 19 tonight. Does he deserve more consideration as an elite player?
- This game was wide open at times, yet it didn’t necessarily benefit Pittsburgh – at least on the scoreboard. What kind of adjustments do the Penguins need to make? Is it just a matter of getting a few more bounces?
- Are people underestimating the Bruins once more? Who takes this series in the long run?
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)