Jun 1, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
Well, that wasn’t pretty … unless you’re Tuukka Rask and his agent, that is.
The Boston Bruins beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-0 in a game that was skin-tight for two periods before things spiraled out of control in the third period. Boston took a 1-0 series lead in Pittsburgh’s building on Saturday.
- The Penguins have had moments when they lose their cool, with a few meltdowns in their last series against the Philadelphia Flyers being a prominent example. Does head coach Dan Bylsma need to rein everyone in more often? Is it on Sidney Crosby instead? Or is it, dare we ask, a good thing for them to blow off steam?
- Rask got the shutout in Game 1. In related news, he’s a free agent. How much is he worth to Boston?
- Speaking of Bruins free agents, Nathan Horton had a goal and two assists. If he leaves Boston, which team would be wisest to snatch the power forward up?
- Is Mike Milbury right in doubting Tomas Vokoun or does he deserve a longer leash with Marc-Andre Fleury waiting in the wings?
- David Krejci improved his league-leading playoff points total to 19 tonight. Does he deserve more consideration as an elite player?
- This game was wide open at times, yet it didn’t necessarily benefit Pittsburgh – at least on the scoreboard. What kind of adjustments do the Penguins need to make? Is it just a matter of getting a few more bounces?
- Are people underestimating the Bruins once more? Who takes this series in the long run?
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46