Jun 1, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
While Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter and Mike Richards were reluctant to comment on the hit Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland delivered late in Game 1, the agitator insisted that it was a clean check, as the Chicago Sun-Times’ Adam Jahns reports.
“It’s a quick game. It’s a hard-hitting game. Just the way it is,” Bolland said. “You get hit. It happens. It’s happened to me.”
The 26-year-old might have a point.
He’s suffered from substantial injury concerns and Richards has delivered some controversial collisions of his own (see: Booth, David).
We’ll see if the league agrees that this hit was just one of those things that happens or a suspension-worthy infraction. In the meantime, judge it for yourself in the video below:
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)