Jun 1, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
While Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter and Mike Richards were reluctant to comment on the hit Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland delivered late in Game 1, the agitator insisted that it was a clean check, as the Chicago Sun-Times’ Adam Jahns reports.
“It’s a quick game. It’s a hard-hitting game. Just the way it is,” Bolland said. “You get hit. It happens. It’s happened to me.”
The 26-year-old might have a point.
He’s suffered from substantial injury concerns and Richards has delivered some controversial collisions of his own (see: Booth, David).
We’ll see if the league agrees that this hit was just one of those things that happens or a suspension-worthy infraction. In the meantime, judge it for yourself in the video below:
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11