Jun 1, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
While Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter and Mike Richards were reluctant to comment on the hit Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland delivered late in Game 1, the agitator insisted that it was a clean check, as the Chicago Sun-Times’ Adam Jahns reports.
“It’s a quick game. It’s a hard-hitting game. Just the way it is,” Bolland said. “You get hit. It happens. It’s happened to me.”
The 26-year-old might have a point.
He’s suffered from substantial injury concerns and Richards has delivered some controversial collisions of his own (see: Booth, David).
We’ll see if the league agrees that this hit was just one of those things that happens or a suspension-worthy infraction. In the meantime, judge it for yourself in the video below:
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 8
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54