Jun 1, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
While Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter and Mike Richards were reluctant to comment on the hit Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland delivered late in Game 1, the agitator insisted that it was a clean check, as the Chicago Sun-Times’ Adam Jahns reports.
“It’s a quick game. It’s a hard-hitting game. Just the way it is,” Bolland said. “You get hit. It happens. It’s happened to me.”
The 26-year-old might have a point.
He’s suffered from substantial injury concerns and Richards has delivered some controversial collisions of his own (see: Booth, David).
We’ll see if the league agrees that this hit was just one of those things that happens or a suspension-worthy infraction. In the meantime, judge it for yourself in the video below:
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)