Jun 1, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
While Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter and Mike Richards were reluctant to comment on the hit Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland delivered late in Game 1, the agitator insisted that it was a clean check, as the Chicago Sun-Times’ Adam Jahns reports.
“It’s a quick game. It’s a hard-hitting game. Just the way it is,” Bolland said. “You get hit. It happens. It’s happened to me.”
The 26-year-old might have a point.
He’s suffered from substantial injury concerns and Richards has delivered some controversial collisions of his own (see: Booth, David).
We’ll see if the league agrees that this hit was just one of those things that happens or a suspension-worthy infraction. In the meantime, judge it for yourself in the video below:
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 5
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)