Jun 1, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
It turns out his demand to be moved was, indeed, true and Caps GM George McPhee says he’ll do his part to accommodate him as Ben Raby of CSNWashington.com shares.
“He did ask for a trade,” McPhee said. “As we’ve told every player, if you ever want to be traded or you’re not happy then let us know and we’ll trade you. So we started working on it and we’ll see what develops.”
What may prove to be the hard part in moving him is how he’s played the last couple seasons on top of his salary cap hit. Schultz has a $2.75 million cap hit next season and for a guy that’s played second or third-pairing minutes with the cap going down next season, that might be a bit pricey.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54