Jun 1, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
It turns out his demand to be moved was, indeed, true and Caps GM George McPhee says he’ll do his part to accommodate him as Ben Raby of CSNWashington.com shares.
“He did ask for a trade,” McPhee said. “As we’ve told every player, if you ever want to be traded or you’re not happy then let us know and we’ll trade you. So we started working on it and we’ll see what develops.”
What may prove to be the hard part in moving him is how he’s played the last couple seasons on top of his salary cap hit. Schultz has a $2.75 million cap hit next season and for a guy that’s played second or third-pairing minutes with the cap going down next season, that might be a bit pricey.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5