Jun 1, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
It turns out his demand to be moved was, indeed, true and Caps GM George McPhee says he’ll do his part to accommodate him as Ben Raby of CSNWashington.com shares.
“He did ask for a trade,” McPhee said. “As we’ve told every player, if you ever want to be traded or you’re not happy then let us know and we’ll trade you. So we started working on it and we’ll see what develops.”
What may prove to be the hard part in moving him is how he’s played the last couple seasons on top of his salary cap hit. Schultz has a $2.75 million cap hit next season and for a guy that’s played second or third-pairing minutes with the cap going down next season, that might be a bit pricey.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 4
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1