May 31, 2013, 1:56 AM EST
It looks as if Linus Omark, who spent parts of two seasons with the Edmonton Oilers prior to the lockout, wants to return to the National Hockey League after spending this past season in Switzerland.
Omark implied to the Hockey Sverige in Sweden,at least based on the Google translation done that appeared on an Edmonton Journal blog post, that he may also be looking at a return to the Oilers.
“I know there is interest, but I owned the Edmonton. We’ll see what they find, but I do not knows,” said Omark, according to the Google translation done by the Edmonton Journal.
“We must wait until after the draft pick. It may well be that I sajnar with Edmonton. That one never know.”
Omark struggled to produce offensively, with only eight goals and 30 points in 65 games between the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons. But he did show some sweet moves in the shootout, such as this classic against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The goal turned out to be the game winner.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 5
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)