May 31, 2013, 1:13 AM EDT
A pair of Phoenix Coyotes draft picks – Andrew Fritsch and Alexander Ruuttu – will re-enter the NHL draft, according to Chris Roy, who writes for the Maine Hockey Journal.
As per Roy, the Coyotes have until June 1 to sign both players or they will re-enter the NHL draft, which is scheduled to take place June 30.
Both players were taken in the 2011 draft.
Fritsch had 27 goals and 52 points in 55 games with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League.
Ruuttu, 20, had six assists in 22 games combined between Ilves Tampere and Jokerit Helsinki of the SM-liiga in Finland, according to the Internet Hockey Database.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)