May 31, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings don’t score much. But, they just keep on winning.
Of the four teams remaining in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Kings have the lowest goals-for average, with just two goals-per-game.
The Pittsburgh Penguins lead all four remaining teams in average goals-for (4.27), followed by the Boston Bruins (3.17) and Chicago Blackhawks (2.75).
And yet, the Kings, who will face the Blackhawks in the Western Conference final, have won their last six playoff series dating back to last April against the Vancouver Canucks.
It may not always be flashy, it may not always be fun to watch. But the Kings don’t seem to care.
They have the 2012 Stanley Cup and are in a good position to go for a repeat. Style be darned when you get the results.
“We could bore you all to death. If we keep on winning, I could care less what people think of our game,” said Kings’ captain Dustin Brown told reporters.
“We found something that’s successful for us as a group, and sometimes people don’t think it’s exciting. It depends on your opinion.”
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 0
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 19
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)