May 31, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Dan Boyle‘s name was mentioned in a number of trade rumors prior to the April 3 deadline, but ultimately he stayed with the San Jose Sharks and helped them get within a game of the Western Conference finals.
Yesterday, the 36-year-old defenseman suggested he doesn’t want to hear the same rumors again next year.
“I’ve made it clear this is where I want to be and this is where I want to finish my career,” said Boyle, per David Pollak of the Mercury News.
In 11 playoff games, Boyle had three goals and five assists while leading the Sharks in average ice time (22:11).
“I still think I have a lot of miles left in me,” he said.
Boyle has one year left on his contract (cap hit $6.67 million) and is eligible to sign an extension this summer.
It’s not clear if the Sharks will entertain that option though, or what Boyle has in mind for money and/or term.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 81
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 70
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7