May 31, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Dan Boyle‘s name was mentioned in a number of trade rumors prior to the April 3 deadline, but ultimately he stayed with the San Jose Sharks and helped them get within a game of the Western Conference finals.
Yesterday, the 36-year-old defenseman suggested he doesn’t want to hear the same rumors again next year.
“I’ve made it clear this is where I want to be and this is where I want to finish my career,” said Boyle, per David Pollak of the Mercury News.
In 11 playoff games, Boyle had three goals and five assists while leading the Sharks in average ice time (22:11).
“I still think I have a lot of miles left in me,” he said.
Boyle has one year left on his contract (cap hit $6.67 million) and is eligible to sign an extension this summer.
It’s not clear if the Sharks will entertain that option though, or what Boyle has in mind for money and/or term.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)