May 31, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Dan Boyle‘s name was mentioned in a number of trade rumors prior to the April 3 deadline, but ultimately he stayed with the San Jose Sharks and helped them get within a game of the Western Conference finals.
Yesterday, the 36-year-old defenseman suggested he doesn’t want to hear the same rumors again next year.
“I’ve made it clear this is where I want to be and this is where I want to finish my career,” said Boyle, per David Pollak of the Mercury News.
In 11 playoff games, Boyle had three goals and five assists while leading the Sharks in average ice time (22:11).
“I still think I have a lot of miles left in me,” he said.
Boyle has one year left on his contract (cap hit $6.67 million) and is eligible to sign an extension this summer.
It’s not clear if the Sharks will entertain that option though, or what Boyle has in mind for money and/or term.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)