May 31, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
The Barrie Colts made it to Game 7 of the Ontario Hockey League final, providing good reason to sign head coach Dale Hawerchuk to a new three-year contract extension, as per Gene Pereira of the Barrie Examiner.
Hawerchuk is a veteran of 1,188 National Hockey League regular season games. He scored 518 goals and 1,409 points.
He concluded his playing career with the Philadelphia Flyers in 1997.
The Colts lost Game 7 of the OHL final against the London Knights, after allowing London’s winning goal with one second remaining in the third period of what was a tied hockey game.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2