May 31, 2013, 12:37 AM EST
The Barrie Colts made it to Game 7 of the Ontario Hockey League final, providing good reason to sign head coach Dale Hawerchuk to a new three-year contract extension, as per Gene Pereira of the Barrie Examiner.
Hawerchuk is a veteran of 1,188 National Hockey League regular season games. He scored 518 goals and 1,409 points.
He concluded his playing career with the Philadelphia Flyers in 1997.
The Colts lost Game 7 of the OHL final against the London Knights, after allowing London’s winning goal with one second remaining in the third period of what was a tied hockey game.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32