May 31, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
The Barrie Colts made it to Game 7 of the Ontario Hockey League final, providing good reason to sign head coach Dale Hawerchuk to a new three-year contract extension, as per Gene Pereira of the Barrie Examiner.
Hawerchuk is a veteran of 1,188 National Hockey League regular season games. He scored 518 goals and 1,409 points.
He concluded his playing career with the Philadelphia Flyers in 1997.
The Colts lost Game 7 of the OHL final against the London Knights, after allowing London’s winning goal with one second remaining in the third period of what was a tied hockey game.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)