May 31, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
The Barrie Colts made it to Game 7 of the Ontario Hockey League final, providing good reason to sign head coach Dale Hawerchuk to a new three-year contract extension, as per Gene Pereira of the Barrie Examiner.
Hawerchuk is a veteran of 1,188 National Hockey League regular season games. He scored 518 goals and 1,409 points.
He concluded his playing career with the Philadelphia Flyers in 1997.
The Colts lost Game 7 of the OHL final against the London Knights, after allowing London’s winning goal with one second remaining in the third period of what was a tied hockey game.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)