May 31, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
The Barrie Colts made it to Game 7 of the Ontario Hockey League final, providing good reason to sign head coach Dale Hawerchuk to a new three-year contract extension, as per Gene Pereira of the Barrie Examiner.
Hawerchuk is a veteran of 1,188 National Hockey League regular season games. He scored 518 goals and 1,409 points.
He concluded his playing career with the Philadelphia Flyers in 1997.
The Colts lost Game 7 of the OHL final against the London Knights, after allowing London’s winning goal with one second remaining in the third period of what was a tied hockey game.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 29
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (29)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)