May 30, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
The pair played key roles in Detroit’s surprising playoff run.
Nyquist scored an overtime winner in the opening-round upset of Anaheim and assisted on Henrik Zetterberg‘s game-tying tally in Game 7 of the Chicago series, while Andersson averaged over 13 minutes per game while adding five points in 14 games.
Grand Rapids needs all the help it can get in the Western Conference finals, as they currently find themselves down 2-1 in the series to the Oklahoma City Barons.
The Griffins aren’t producing much offensively — they lost 4-1 on Wednesday — and have been out-shot in eight consecutive periods.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5