May 30, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
The pair played key roles in Detroit’s surprising playoff run.
Nyquist scored an overtime winner in the opening-round upset of Anaheim and assisted on Henrik Zetterberg‘s game-tying tally in Game 7 of the Chicago series, while Andersson averaged over 13 minutes per game while adding five points in 14 games.
Grand Rapids needs all the help it can get in the Western Conference finals, as they currently find themselves down 2-1 in the series to the Oklahoma City Barons.
The Griffins aren’t producing much offensively — they lost 4-1 on Wednesday — and have been out-shot in eight consecutive periods.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 6
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 22
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)