May 30, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
The pair played key roles in Detroit’s surprising playoff run.
Nyquist scored an overtime winner in the opening-round upset of Anaheim and assisted on Henrik Zetterberg‘s game-tying tally in Game 7 of the Chicago series, while Andersson averaged over 13 minutes per game while adding five points in 14 games.
Grand Rapids needs all the help it can get in the Western Conference finals, as they currently find themselves down 2-1 in the series to the Oklahoma City Barons.
The Griffins aren’t producing much offensively — they lost 4-1 on Wednesday — and have been out-shot in eight consecutive periods.
- Clarkson to have hearing for Sobotka headshot 0
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 68
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 86
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)