May 30, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
The pair played key roles in Detroit’s surprising playoff run.
Nyquist scored an overtime winner in the opening-round upset of Anaheim and assisted on Henrik Zetterberg‘s game-tying tally in Game 7 of the Chicago series, while Andersson averaged over 13 minutes per game while adding five points in 14 games.
Grand Rapids needs all the help it can get in the Western Conference finals, as they currently find themselves down 2-1 in the series to the Oklahoma City Barons.
The Griffins aren’t producing much offensively — they lost 4-1 on Wednesday — and have been out-shot in eight consecutive periods.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 25
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7