May 30, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
The pair played key roles in Detroit’s surprising playoff run.
Nyquist scored an overtime winner in the opening-round upset of Anaheim and assisted on Henrik Zetterberg‘s game-tying tally in Game 7 of the Chicago series, while Andersson averaged over 13 minutes per game while adding five points in 14 games.
Grand Rapids needs all the help it can get in the Western Conference finals, as they currently find themselves down 2-1 in the series to the Oklahoma City Barons.
The Griffins aren’t producing much offensively — they lost 4-1 on Wednesday — and have been out-shot in eight consecutive periods.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (80)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)