May 30, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
On Thursday, Brough and I talked to NBC’s Kay Adams about what to expect from the 2013 Eastern Conference finals.
In the Pittsburgh Penguins and Boston Bruins, we have two of the last four Stanley Cup winners, and two teams that easily dispatched of their opponents in the conference semis.
(The Pens beat the Sens in five games; the Bruins beat the Rangers in five as well.)
What are some of the keys for both Boston and Pittsburgh?
We take a look in the latest edition of PHT Extra:
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 0
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)