May 30, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Shortly after discussing the Eastern Conference finals with NBC’s Kay Adams, Jason and I switched gears and focused on the West.
In a rematch from the opening night of the 2013 NHL regular season, the Kings and Blackhawks will meet to decide who represents the West in the Stanley Cup finals.
As far as powerhouse matchups goes, this one is pretty good. The Kings are the reigning Stanley Cup champs while the ‘Hawks are the reigning Presidents’ Trophy winners, having captured the regular season title for just the second time in 20 years.
So, what are the keys for both Chicago and L.A. in this series? Check the video to find out…
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 25
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 61
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 31
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 62
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)