May 30, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Shortly after discussing the Eastern Conference finals with NBC’s Kay Adams, Jason and I switched gears and focused on the West.
In a rematch from the opening night of the 2013 NHL regular season, the Kings and Blackhawks will meet to decide who represents the West in the Stanley Cup finals.
As far as powerhouse matchups goes, this one is pretty good. The Kings are the reigning Stanley Cup champs while the ‘Hawks are the reigning Presidents’ Trophy winners, having captured the regular season title for just the second time in 20 years.
So, what are the keys for both Chicago and L.A. in this series? Check the video to find out…
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)