May 30, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Shortly after discussing the Eastern Conference finals with NBC’s Kay Adams, Jason and I switched gears and focused on the West.
In a rematch from the opening night of the 2013 NHL regular season, the Kings and Blackhawks will meet to decide who represents the West in the Stanley Cup finals.
As far as powerhouse matchups goes, this one is pretty good. The Kings are the reigning Stanley Cup champs while the ‘Hawks are the reigning Presidents’ Trophy winners, having captured the regular season title for just the second time in 20 years.
So, what are the keys for both Chicago and L.A. in this series? Check the video to find out…
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 2
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 15
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 27
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 124
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (124)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)