May 30, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
After one year behind the New Jersey bench, Matt Shaw is moving on.
Shaw, 47, has reportedly left the Devils to take the head coach and general manager position of USHL Dubuque, according to various reports.
Shaw joined the Devils staff in Jul. 2012, a replacement after Adam Oates took the head coaching gig in Washington. Prior to working with New Jersey, he spent three years as an assistant coach in San Jose and one with the Minnesota Wild.
The USHL is the top junior league in the United States, and Dubuque is one of its premier franchises.
The Fighting Saints have won two of the last three league championships and turned out a pair of first-round picks at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft (Zemgus Girgensons went 14th overall to Buffalo; Mike Matheson went No. 23 to Florida).
Dubuque’s head coach/GM position opened up when Jim Montgomery left the organization to take the head coaching job at the University of Denver.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 94
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (94)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)